CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Waiting?

August. Wow. That was fast.

Why do some things fly by, stopping at nothing, while others seem to take forever? And why is it almost always the opposite effect that you'd like it to have?

It's all about our expectations, right?

Expectations are crazy things. I almost wish I didn't have them sometimes. I wish I was completely oblivious to the ways things were "supposed" to be, and how that result would affect me. It feels as if that would be easier. Is it just me?

I let other people dictate TOO much about how I feel. Which is dangerous sometimes. I've learned how to control it more now that I know I have that tendency... but there's still a part of me that, despite my own warning, will get my hopes up for something that will make me happier, something that will make more sense, something that will give me a reason to feel important, etc. How could anyone give me more importance than the One who created me, died for me, and is continually fulfilling an awesome thing in me so long as I'm willing?

After almost 18 years, I've come to a realization:


waiting is so hard.


I've always been told it is, but at the same time, it was hard to know until I felt the sting myself. When my heart felt it, that's when I knew. Here's a crazy question: Is waiting ALWAYS worth it?
Good things come to those who wait, but is there something to be said for staring fear in the face and diving in under the right circumstances? I think so. Thoughts?

oh, and here's some music I like.


1 Thoughts about this post:

jami jensen said...

i love you.
good music. post more :)